Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Weekly Weigh-In

Well its Tuesday. This morning's weigh in was rather disappointing: 211.6. That's less than a pound this week. That is not encouraging.

So where did I go wrong... I'm thinking the first is to try eating outside the plan. At this early of a stage I need to stick to the requirements of the plan. I'm sure this won't be the case forever, but for now, I don't think going places with "tempting" foods is a good idea. For example, the hubby and I decided to go to KFC Friday night. I was good, I had the grilled chicken. But looking back it was definately more than 3 oz. of meat. 2-3oz is actually a serving of meat according to the USDA. It is amazing how small that portion seems compared to what I am used to eating.

Eating these smaller portions is making me appreciate exactly how super sized the American diet has become. Did you know that an actual serving of pasta, rice, ect. is 1/2 cup cooked? The packaging on all the pastas I've seen puts it at 1 cup cooked! So if you follow the packaging you are actually getting two complete servings. Not that it is horrible, but definitely something that should actually be realized.

I have definitely learned one thing... I need to relearn everything that I know about food, servings, and proper nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment